Sunday, October 4, 2009

Conflict & Resolution

I had a dream last night. It revealed a conflict with another person that I need to resolve. 
I know I cannot change the other person, but I need to point out how their behavior is harmful to me and others.

This is uncomfortable for me and I want to run and hide. I want my life to be all agreements and working well together. Rodney King's words come back, "Why can't we all just get along?"

We all perceive things differently and our reactions are different and this is the source of  conflict. We can reduce the conflict by listening to each other, voicing our understanding of the other's view, voicing our view and trying to find a middle ground where we can agree.

All quests for answers and knowledge involve conflict. The conflict may be external or internal. But, conflict will always be there and it's through conflict and resolution that I/we grow.