Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Meditation Journey

There is a beautiful song called "The Climb" by Miley Cyrus. It highlights the importance of those things along the journey are as important if not more important than the destination. I have found this to be so true in meditation.


Each person has their own experiences and a guy we call, Buddha explored and labeled them all. My teacher says Buddha was the first psychologist and I agree. At least for me, this journey is to insight about my emotions, thoughts and behavior.

I overreacted to a situation last week and felt so guilty about the effect it had on others. Then I became frightened and ashamed. It's been a while since I had such a knee jerk reaction to something. Perhaps it is because I am concerned about my partner who is suffering from health issues.

So now I need to complete making my amends, so I can live peacefully with myself and others.